Men’s Nordica 2020/2021 Ski Boots at Avie’s Ski / Sports
The “Machine” series of boots has not changed dramatically since last year. All “Machines” have 3D liner design for great fit, while stiffer boots also have cork insets in the liner for added stiffness and performance. Avie’s Ski Testers consistently love Speedmachine for their incredible balance of a bit more comfort than Promachine, but with little loss of power and control over the ski. They also love Sportmachine for their increased comfort and easy going nature, but still being able to provide good control, a trait that is well suited to those building skills.
Speedmachine boots have a 100 mm last (medium narrow) and are built from three different plastics termed “TriForce” by Nordica: the white/light colored flexible top of the foot box, the flat/matte material making up the lower boot, and the glossy, articulated upper boot. The combination makes for flex in the right places and rigidity in the right places. The end result is a boot that performs yet provides a good degree of comfort. Speedmachine boots will best be suited to advanced level skiers with good technique and ability to ski at all levels.
- Speedmachine 120 $700 / $599 Avie’s Speedmachine 120 is a stiff, high performing boot best for advanced intermediate and advanced skiers seeking a high degree of control over their skis. The 3D cork liner provides stability and warmth. Speedmachine gives a degree more of comfort but incredible control.
- Speedmachine 100 $500 / $399 Avie’s Speedmachine 100 is a bit softer in flex, allowing for a more relaxed ride while not abandoning control over the skis. Warmth, comfort, forgiveness all in one pair of boots.
Sportmachine boots have 102mm last (medium width) that use a new, softer plastic formulation on the top of the foot box which allows for much easier entry of your feet into the boot, called “Dual Easy Entry Instep” by Nordica. While this may not be a game changer, it sure makes getting boots on and off a much less frustrating task. The boot cuff is also adjustable to allow for the ultimate tweaking of your fit around the top of the boot, a spot that provides much annoyance to many skiers. Primaloft insulated liners round things out for the ultimate blend of comfort and performance. Sportmachine boots are best suited to beginner and intermediate level skiers, with stiffer boots better suited to more advanced skiers.
- Sportmachine 90 $400 / $299 Avie’s Sportmachine 90 is a moderately stiff boot allowing for good control but with lots of forgiveness so that advancing skiers can build technique. A great boot for someone looking for a more relaxing, less demanding slide down the slopes.
- Sportmachine 80 $350 / $249 Avie’s Sportmachine 80 is a slightly softer boot well fitted for beginner and intermediate skiers, or those looking for a relaxed, easy, and comfortable downhill ride.
Cruise series boots are all about comfort, and now contain an Instep Volume Control mechanism that allows you to tweak the fit of the boot by changing the boot volume in small amounts. You end up with a snugger fit which means better control over the skis. At 104 mm last (wide), these are the ultimate Nordica comfort boot. However, Nordica now makes the boot in “TriForce” fashion—yeah, just like the “machine” boots—so that performance is enhanced. Cruise boots are ideal for those with wide feet of all skiing abilities.
- Cruise 70 $300 / $199 Avie’s Designed for beginner and intermediate skiers, Cruise 70 provides both comfort and confidence. The wider fit and softer shell are especially forgiving, and thanks to the dual soft flap instep, the boot’s throat opens exceptionally wide, making the Cruise 70 incredibly easy to put on and take off.
Women’s Nordica 2020/2021 Ski Boots at Avie’s Ski / Sports
Cruise series boots are all about comfort, and now contain an Instep Volume Control mechanism that allows you to tweak the fit of the boot by changing the boot volume in small amounts. You end up with a snugger fit which means better control over the skis. At 104 mm last (wide), these are the ultimate Nordica comfort boot. However, Nordica now makes the boot in “TriForce” fashion—yeah, just like the “machine” boots—so that performance is enhanced. Cruise boots are ideal for those with wide feet of all skiing abilities. Women’s Cruise boots have an adjustable cuff to accommodate different sized calve muscles.
- Cruise 75 W $400 / $299 Avie’s Cruise 75 W gives you comfort, easy-on-easy-off boot openings, and an adjustable cuff so you can tweak fit around the calf of your leg. Great boot for intermediate level skiers desiring comfort along with performance.
- Cruise 65 W $300 / $199 Avie’s Designed for beginner and intermediate skiers, Cruise 65W sports a wider fit and softer shell which are especially forgiving to those learning and building skills and technique. Cruise 65 W is incredibly easy to put on and take off so beginners don’t get mentally fatigued before they even leave the lodge.
Still want more? Visit Nordica.